Saturday 23 January 2010

Josh to Heaven, where to for Elle?

Sometimes Neighbours shenanigans swirl around my mind for ages. I can be walking along, making a cup of tea, having a whale of a time on a bouncy castle, stroking my terribly unmanly stubble, and then Ramsay Street palaver hits me and I chuckle, reminisce or groan.

This week, however, I can only really remember a few moments of note. Firstly, Lou swanning about in his vest. The seedy smile that Captain Carpenter always exudes is endearing but I could really have done without seeing his old-geezer folds peeking out of that cotton garment.

And secondly of course, there was the unfortunate demise of Josh, the editor of the West Waratah Star. I'm sad the newspaper guy has gone to the place in the sky but resent him for perishing as it means my beloved Elle has had an epiphany and decided to chase the dream in NYC, or so she thought.

It now appears the beautiful coffee-shop owner come journo is destined to write scintillating stories from the war-torn areas in the Middle East, didn't Riley Parker go off and do the same thing?

From next week's trailer, it seems as though a parting of the ways between Elle and the more interesting of the Fitzgerald brothers is inevitable but surely if she does sojourn to Iraq, Afghanistan and the ilk, Lucas would be a necessary ally, after all, with tanks and trucks being blown up left, right, and centre, the war people would be crying out for a mechanic.

If Elle does depart, a small part of my life will die, but now that Lou has moved into number 30, some humorous horse play between the silver-topped punchinello, Toadie and Callum will quickly perk me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment